Should you use Smile Direct Club?
In the age of subscription services and online shopping, more and more companies have built their brand solely through the internet. One company that has followed this trend is Smile Direct Club. Smile Direct Club is an online service that sends braces and retainers to your front door. There are some traditional, in-person locations, but a majority of their services go through the internet. In fact, their biggest mission is to make the entire process as convenient as possible. Online convenience sounds great, but is it all it’s cracked up to be? Here are some pros and cons of using Smile Direct Club!
Smile Direct Pros:
- Save on cost- One of Smile Direct club’s biggest marketing points is that it will save you money. On average, a Smile Direct Club aligner can cost around $2000 whereas a top-of-the-line Invisalign can cost $1000-$3000 more.
- A lot of this brand’s identity relies on cutting costs for its customers. There are pros and cons that could be broken down for this specific feature, but for the sake of comparison, saving money would be classified as a good thing, according to Smile Direct Club.
- Convenience- Along with the cost, the overall convenience is its biggest focal point. With Smile Direct Club, you only meet in a brick and mortar once for a 30-minute scan and mold of your teeth. You no longer have to carve out half your day to speak with a professional. This will most likely be the only time you have to go to a physical location.
- If you are busy, this may be a good avenue for you. After your initial visit, all you have to do is wear the device and wait.
Smile Direct Cons:
- Lack of medical records- First off, Smile Direct Club is not a dentist office, so they do not have access to your medical and dental records unless you provide them with it. Although you can give them that information, Smile Direct Club is a very short-term service. These people are not your normal dentists and do not offer constant advice, check-ups, or help.
- With a regular dentist, they know your dental history and how to cater to your needs. This is a part of the service that simply cannot be done with Smile Direct Club.
- Little communication and follow-up- As already stated, these professionals are not your dentists. The Smile Direct Club system eliminates most communication between you and the professional. This can be good for some people, but you aren’t going to get the care and attention you would with a traditional dental office.
- Also, with their system, they are only checking in on your every 90 days about your treatment. However, this is all done over the phone. After your initial visit, you won’t speak face to face again with a dentist through the entire treatment.
- If you are looking for a more personable experience, going to a traditional dentist’s office is probably the better choice.
- Cheap isn’t always good- finally, there is a reason why Smile Direct Club can be so cheap. Saving money is always a goal and a good marketing tool, but does it mean it’s really worth it? Especially with teeth alignment, it is important to do it right the first time around. That is not to say that Smile Direct Club won’t get the job done, but will it get it done right?
- Well, this is hard to say for sure, but you definitely get what you pay for. When going to a traditional dentist or orthodontist, you are paying for much more than the physical braces. You are paying to have professional resources at your disposal, along with the rest of the package. Smile Direct Club may save you money on the physical tools, but you won’t get the medical attention you may need.
Overall, there are pros and cons to everything, but you need to sit down and analyze your specific wants and needs. If saving money and going through a short-term process is good for you, Smile Direct Club might be a fine option. If you want to spend a little extra but get more value for your money, sticking to a traditional dentist or orthodontist is your best bet.
What are clear aligners for Invisalign?
Clear aligners are a popular alternative to traditional braces. Dr. Suede at Great Lakes Smiles determines if you’re a good candidate for the clear aligners during a consultation. Dr. Suede will take an impression of your teeth and gums through a digital scanner. This image will then help create an aligner fitted for your teeth and gums.
What Are the Benefits of Clear Aligners?
Clear aligners/Invisalign can have multiple benefits like:
- It is more comfortable than braces
- It is aesthetically appealing
- It is easily removable
- It has a shorter treatment duration.
Contact Us for Clear aligners – Invisalign
If you are interested in clear aligners – Invisalign, contact Our Great Lakes Smiles now. A consultation with Dr. Rahaf Suede to discuss your options and find out if Invisalign is right for you. Visit us for a complete dental care under one roof. For questions please call us (734) 459-9360 or click here to contact us.