Everything you Need to Know About Dental Implants
Missing teeth not only make it difficult for you to eat and speak, but also affect your smile and facial esthetics. If you have also lost one or more of your teeth and you’re looking for a tooth replacement option that offers lifelike aesthetics, excellent functionality and lifelong durability, then dental implants should be your first choice.
What is an Implant?
According to the American Academy of Periodontology, an implant is a screw-shaped metallic fixture that is inserted directly into the jawbone and it serves as the replacement root. Dental implants are made from high-quality titanium alloys, which give them the unique ability to form a direct connection with the surrounding bone. As a result, the implant becomes a part of the bone and provides a solid foundation for artificial teeth that are attached to them.
Am I a Suitable Candidate for Getting Dental Implants?
Generally, anyone who has lost one or more teeth, and has good oral and physical health, is a a candidate for getting dental implants.
- Single Tooth Replacement with Implants – In case of a single missing tooth, your dentist will replace it with an implant that has a crown attached to it
- Multiple Teeth Replacement with Implants – For multiple adjacent missing teeth, your dentist will give you a removable or fixed appliance supported by one or more implants.
- Replacing All Missing Teeth with Implants – for someone who has lost all their teeth in a jaw, dentists can replace them with a complete fixed bridge that is supported by up to four or six implants – a prosthesis called all-on-four or all-on-six implant supported bridge, respectively.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
- Durability – with proper care you can expect your dental implants to last for a lifetime. Also, studies have shown that dental implants have a 10-year success rate of more than 96%.
- Esthetics – dental implants in Plymouth can support highly esthetic zirconia crowns that restore your facial esthetics and give you a healthy, lasting smile.
- Convenience – unlike removable dentures, your implant-supported teeth won’t slip, allowing you to eat and speak without difficulty.
- Eat your Favorite Foods – with dental implants in Ypsilanti, you can eat all your favorite foods without having to worry about your artificial teeth falling off or slipping.
- Jawbone Conservation – dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that preserve the underlying jawbone, unlike removable dentures that accelerate bone resorption. In this way, dental implants prevent bone loss and minimize the chances of spontaneous jaw fracture.
When it comes to replacing missing teeth, there is no option better than the implants. So, what are you waiting for? Visit us or book an appointment with Great Lake smiles today and let us give you lasting, beautiful smile with dental implants in Plymouth.
Let’s get started. Request An Appointment for Dental Implants
Dr. Rahaf Suede, DDS at Great Lakes Smiles Dental is trusted by many patients in Plymouth and surrounding areas for comprehensive dental care. She is recognized for her high quality dental treatment and patient satisfaction. Contact her now for an appointment Call (734) 459-9360Schedule an appointment